Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Lighthouses, Exchanges, Investigators, and much much more!.....March 14, 2016

Holy moly it has been a CRAZY week. So much has happened I don't even
know if I can get it all out today haha, but I'll try my best, becuz
believe it or not this weeks even crazier!

Soooo last Monday we went to Sandy Hook again, except this time we
actually had time to tour the lighthouse and walk around all the
batteries and beaches. It was beautiful weather too- 50s!!! And we had
the best people to go with- E. Clark and E. Oakley. I swear, these are
my 2 favorite elders out here haha, we've spent so much time with
them! It was a fun day, we ran around like kids as we explored the
abandoned batteries and forts, the shore with the horseshoe crabs, and
the oldest lighthouse continuously working in the nation! We did
cartwheels down the shore, saw the NY skyline from a distance, saw a
small aircraft carrier docked by the base, and basically just had the
best day ever. Man it was great. And I got a lot of pics too, so sorry
if I inundate you all with them- I think they're pretty great :)

On Tuesday we had a great District Meeting, and then went knocking for
6 hours as usual on Tuesdays haha. This time we found 2 new
investigators and had some pretty cool contacts with people! We met a
woman named Ferliene who is originally from Haiti. She says that she
is Catholic, but not very ecstatic about her church. She just wants to
know which church is true because there are so many of them. We had
planned on just showing her a video, but she invited us right in and
we were able to teach her the entire Restoration and leave her with a
Book of Mormon! She loved it and said she wants to come to church with
her kids when she's off work on the 20th! She was so kind. I can't
wait to teach her again on Wednesday.
Then we were in the courtyard of the complex and a girl was riding her
bike. Well shoot, she was the nicest little girl I've ever met! She
immediately just started talking to us and complimenting us and we had
this cute little convo with her, and then she invited her 2 friends
over to talk to us too! So we shared the He Lives video with them and
they all loved it! We gave them cards with our number on it so they
could give it to their parents and have them call us. Don't know if
it'll happen, but the kids at least we're super excited! They wanted
to share it with all their friends.

Wednesday we had a great lesson with our progressing investigator
Beloné. We went in to teach him the rest of the Plan of Salvation, but
instead we talked all about baptism and the importance of turning our
hearts to God. It was a solid lesson with scriptures and the Spirit,
and his many questions, and I felt inspired to finally invite him to
be baptized. The Spirit was SO strong when I asked him, I was given
everything to say exactly how it should be said and I honestly don't
even remember what I told him then, but it was straight from God. He
declined, and said he needs to know more and needs to come to our
church first, so we'll keep working with him on it. But really, as far
as my first ever solid baptismal invite goes, it was great! Sheesh,
I'm gonna go out asking everyone to get baptized now! I've just never
been given the chance to before...or I guess I've never taken it. Lol

Friday we had exchanges!!! I went down to Toms River with Sister
McConkie while Sister Bulson and Brown came up here. It was a great
day. Oh gosh I love Sister McConkie. She's so solid! She taught me so
much about myself and the mission and life in general, and she's
basically a BOSS and she doesn't even realize it... I'm seriously so
grateful for her. She helped me in ways she doesn't even know and in a
way that would take me like an hour to type out. It was truly special.
We were then able to exchange back on Saturday, but we all 4 went up
to Hillside to see Br. Acampora and his Magical Hands. Ahhhhhhh, my
neck feels so much better! The chiropractor is life. For realz. We had
Taylor ham bagels on the way back down, and then we split off. Upon
splitting, I realized that 1. Sister Brown is a straight up boss at
life (well, not so much realize, as reaffirm). She literally found 4
new investigators, and got a LA I've been working with for 3 months
now to finally start her family history so she can go to the
temple....all within like 6 hrs. Man, I wanna be like her when I grow
up. And 2. I realized that this is Sister Brown's last week here in
the mission... That's pretty sad haha. All my friends are old and
dying! Whyyyy must I be so young? Lol, but yeah. So I'm gonna be
trying to spend every waking moment with her this week! Gotta get my
Momma Time before she leaves me to fend for myself #Rude

Oh oh oh oh oh OH!!!!!!! GUESS WHAT?!?!?! IM GOING TO THE TEMPLE
TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THIS IS THE BEST DAY OF MY
LIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cmsksockdjsiaowle,dmcjsosowpeodlckcjsjsjfhfhhdisowkejdxksocifjfhrhrndjchvhfudjsjdjcFJDIDKCNSHAUSIEKFMCJSKSOEIFJCHCNDGOGHDYRHJKSOCJDN
The Mission did a challenge this past month where you had to do
certain things each day for the months period and then you'd get a
prize. Well, our zone did it! We came to the challenge, we accepted
the challenge, and we conquered the challenge- and now we goin to New
York!!!!!! Ah I'm so excited. And I love our zone and we get to spend
alllllllll day with them tomorrow, and we're driving up the Sandy Hook
elders to Newark so that'll be a crazy hour car ride too LOL.  So be
prepared for SO many stinkin pics next week!
Oh. And we're going bowling today with the sisters in Toms River, so
there's even more pics hahahaha oh gosh, I'm so excited đŸ˜„

But anyways, back to the past week haha- we were able to find (drum
roll please)------------------- 9 NEW INVESTIGATORS! *faints*
                 Oh, hi. Yes, I am still alive. Sorry. Just passed out
from shock there haha. 9! New! People! To! Teach! The! Gospel! To! Yes
yes yes yes yes yes YES. Oh my gosh, God is good all the time. And all
the time, God is good. He's just been blessing us out the wazoo this
past week and it's just been bizarrely crazy to see it unfold. We
literally do basically nothing, and they just fall into our hands...
So now we gotta a lotta responsibility in teaching these people haha.
Bring it on! I've got my game face on! Whew. Whoever is trained here
next transfer is gonna have the Promised Land as their training
grounds! I woulda done anything to be born into an area that's bumpin
like this! Haha

Ok, so I could totally keep writing for DAYZ here, but looking at this
small novella I just wrote, I think I'm gonna close now haha. One day
you'll here the rest of the stories from this week- they're kinda
endless haha :)

Random New Jersey fact of the week: Jersey is a peninsula.

Stay Jersey Strong.
Love, Sister McAllister
You can see NYC in the background

No comments:

Post a Comment