Monday, March 7, 2016

I Gots Da Sickies...March 7, 2016

HOLA!

Sooooo I've been sick the past 3 weeks, and me being me, I was all "rub some dirt in it, keep going, it's just a flesh wound" type of thing. Well, it got progressively worse and worse and my health was just slowly declining. S. Bulson made me call the mission nurse and Doctor to see if they could help me- but they're thinking its stress and still haven't gotten back to me about anything. So we started asking everyone in the ward cuz basically all of them are nurses or medical field of some sort- and nobody knew! On Friday I had basically gone over 48 hours without sleep, had had headaches and migraines everyday for the past 3 weeks, and was absolutely starving and nauseous, at the same time, 24/7. Oh! And we're pretty sure I had a fever cuz I was freezing all the time (and I'm never cold, but S. Bulson always is, but she wasn't cold when I was) and my face was bright red. So it's been super fun this past week as I've tried real hard not to stop working cuz I feel guilty when I do. Ive tried to sleep and take naps multiple times throughout the week, but I can never fall asleep. I gave up on sleep a while ago- now I'm just trucking along with my Diet Cokes and bleary eyes (very healthy, promise). Anyways, I asked the Elders for a blessing on Friday night (in other words, both S. Brown and Bulson bullied me into it), and it was beautiful. This is only the 2nd time on the mission I've had a priesthood blessing, and the first blessing I've actually received counsel and guidance from Heavenly Father. I asked Elder Oakley to anoint me and Elder Clark to bless me, and it was perfect. Elders Black and Silva also jumped in, and lemme tell you- having 4 worthy holders of the priesthood standing around you with their hands on your head calling upon the powers of Heaven is an incredible feeling. It was just what I needed and the Spirit was SO powerful in that room. The priesthood is such a wonderful gift. God has truly given us the privilege of seeing the fruits of it, and the men bearing the power of it. (Interesting side tangent: when reading my patriarchal blessing, I've taken to defining words in it. I already know their meaning, but the actual dictionary definition is pretty awesome. For instance, privilege- something regarded as a rare opportunity and bringing particular pleasure.) But ya, so I basically cried that entire night and I was a serious mess when the blessing was over, and those poor elders had to see me with a puffy red face and smeared tears and snot everywhere haha! That's ok, what are friends for, right? Also, another side note, it was suuuuuuuuuuuuper weird to hear my first name in the blessing. But also really nice, because having not heard it for 8 months now made it stand out as a rare and wonderful occurrence. It also made me feel super loved and like an individual and like God knows ME. Because I already know of at least one other "Sister McAllister" out there right now ;)
But have no fear family and friends! My health is on the rise! I was blessed that the sickness would be taken from me, and that all my "trials, sufferings, afflictions, and sicknesses" are to "build [my] testimony and strengthen my faith in Jesus Christ". I'm on the mend! My headaches and fever went away that night, and now I'm just working on my sleeplessness and nausea- which are decreasing by the day! So no worries, all is good in the hood of Neptune ;)

Something I think that is super interesting, and this goes along with the previous monologue, is that it's often our "worst" weeks that are our best weeks. Sister Bulson and I feel like we just got nothing done this week because we stayed inside a bit while I tried to figure my life out. It felt like we hadn't seen anyone and that we hadn't done a lick of good all week. But looking at our numbers (which is in no way a reflection of anything, but it was nice) we had come close to and surpassed all our goals for the week! And we had even had one investigator at church yesterday! I've never had an investigator in this area at church before!!! And the lessons we had with people went really well, and things are just looking up in our area. I often think it interesting that this applies to life in general as well. We always think things are terrible, doom and gloom, and not what we had hoped they would be- but then we realize, life is full of miracles! Tender mercies! Stop-and-smell-the-roses moments! Blessings beyond measure! Life is so good!!!    Here's the secret to recognizing it: "love life, and see good days..." (1 Peter 3:10) Love it! And you'll see the goodness in it :)

Anyways haha, enough verbal vomit. On with the week!
Friday we also had a funeral service for one of the members here (yes, that is 3 now to pass this month) and I gave a talk about the "hope of the Atonement and the Resurrection of Jesus Christ". (I'll attach a copy on the email) And Bishop Lindeman said it was super good so he asked me to email him a copy, and then he brought it up in sacrament meeting today over the pulpit, and then he sought me out at the baptism yesterday to tell me that "the Spirit told him the ward needs to hear it, especially at this time of year, and especially after all the wards gone through last month"....so I'm giving it on March 20th as well. Smh. Why am I always asked to speeeeeeaaaaaaaaaak??? Why is it always meeeeeeeeee? Stake conference, seminary graduation, like every other Sunday in CO, etc etc. *sigh* All I know is that I guess I'm bizarrely grateful that I have talked so much at church, cuz otherwise I'd be scared to death on my mission haha! So tender mercies and different perspective wins again

Ok last side tangent....for now..... No promises lol!
Can I just say how much I love our elders? They're my favorite 4! We see them basically 4/7 days in the week at least, and spend a good length of time with them each time, and I just love them. They're SO stinkin hilarious, I'm busting up every other second with the lot of them! Ah gosh. And today we're gonna go with them to the Sandy Hook lighthouse and just hang out all day- it'll be great. I'm excited :)

Here, to help y'all visualize/ get my love- a synopsis of the Eatontown Elders:
E. Clark- my little ginger brother I never knew I had, and we rolling in the inside jokes
E. Oakley- my British, hipster, rebellious friend who always makes me laugh
E. Black- adorable little bunny rabbit who is like 6' tall, super sweet
E. Silva- in his own world and dimension and category of who knows what, and it's hilarious
Yeah, it's a crack up here in Eatontown. Cuz then you have the inherently awkward Sister Bulson who also happens to have Tourette's. And then me... This poor ward. Hahahaha

So thats my week. Hope y'all enjoy and all that jazz! Love you all!!!

Go forth and slay the week, so the speak! :)
Stay Jersey Strong.
Love,
Sister McAllister
 
 She wants this plant.....haha
 Spring is coming
 doodles (oh how I love her doodles)
 food pantry is good
 what happens after nightly planning

No comments:

Post a Comment