Monday, July 20, 2015

My Mission Will NOT Be Normal. I'm Calling It Now...July 20, 2015

Wow. Lemme tell ya. This letter will be pretty short comparatively, or at least not go into a lot of detail. A LOT went down this week, and we've had some pretty interesting experiences. I can't tell you really anything about it other than: starting on Wednesday night at 10pm we spent 3 days with the Sister Training Leaders on a Double Exchange in S. Brown and I's area because it wasn't safe for them in their area/ apartment. It's been a pretty scary week all around with some very...interesting... experiences. I've never felt so scared , but I also don't think I've ever felt more close to my Savior. It was amazing to have this opportunity to come closer to Him through prayer and through scriptures and through hymns. I think I prayed more and sang more hymns in the course of those 3 days than I have my whole life! (good thing my voice is so amazing, am I right, or am I right?) I know He was watching over us, and that we were all safe because of Him and the power of the Holy Ghost. I've never been more grateful to have the Spirit with me, and I truly love this gospel and the strength, peace, comfort, love, and courage it brings to all of us. 

I'm glad so many people are asking about me! I mean, it's completely natural to want to know how I'm doing- it's rather an honor and privilege, I think, to be blessed with myself! Shall I do a royal wave through the screen as I bow profusely? ;)

I'm glad Jenna is getting all that service done! Service is truly amazing! I love helping people so much, so it's awesome that I get to do it 24/7 here. It truly does bless the people you serve, and yourself too!  I am glad you're finally getting around to that bathroom...the half peeled off fish were getting a leeettle old ;)  I'm sure KK will enjoy the brand-newness of her own bathroom. #BabyStatus

My goodness ward campout- I wish I could have gone!!! I love the people in our ward so much! We're truly blessed with one of the best wards ever! They're ALL so COOL!

MOM. YOU'RE NOT SUPPOSED TO CRY AT EVERY LETTER YOU GET! I mean seriously, get a hold of yourself- I can see the flood from Jersey! Nah, but seriously, you're the best mom in the world. You're such an awesome example, and you really are wonderful. Keep on doing what you're doing, cuz heaven knows Jenna and KK need it (and Ty especially, wherever he's at ;)

S. Cardoso is simply amazing. We had dinner at their house last night and all I can say is- Brazilian empanadas. Best food I think I have ever tasted. I wanted to eat them allllll day long! She is the best. I love her so much. She is truly a disciple of Christ, and one of the few people I have had the honor of meeting in my life that possess true Christlike love. She is so charitable it's insane. She helps out anyone and everyone who needs it, and she doesn't necessarily have the means to do so herself, but she does it anyway. The Lord is continuously pouring down blessings on her, and she continues to be an "instrument in the hands of God" as an answer to others' prayers. I can't get enough of her and her family. Her son is the cutest lil man. He's the main man in my life right now, and I love him (don't worry mom, he's 5 :)

So in the news this week: I accidently had some really gross rum cake, ya, only a bite of that sucker #gross.  I went to a steak house with a member who is a massage therapist. A new family moved into the ward from....COLORADO! Highlands Ranch, but they still understand my pain of being on the East Coast :)   The All-Mission Conference last Monday was bomb. It was super fun, and our skit was hilarious! I have it on video, so y'all can see it in 17 months. The Taggart's are the best as I've already said- but seriously...I want them to adopt me as their grandchild or something, cuz they're sooo chill! (I love you grandparents :) I get to go to Ellis Island on Wednesday! And I might get to go to the temple on August 8th, we'll just have to see if I get the OK to go with S. Brown. So that's basically my week!

Sorry I can't write much about my week this letter, not much happened before all the craziness that I can't write about- but here's some inspirational/ spiritual stuff for y'all!

So in my studies this week I have gone into every single Jeffrey R. Holland talk given back to the Oct. 2007 conference. He is seriously one amazing speaker. I've loved every single one, and I can pull out so many different things in each talk! This last conference's was Where Justice, Love, and Mercy Meet. It was the one about the 2 boys and how when one leaped the other caught him. My favorite part is: 
"So today we celebrate the gift of victory over every fall we have ever experienced, every sorrow we have ever known, every discouragement we have ever had, every fear we have ever faced—to say nothing of our resurrection from death and forgiveness for our sins.That victory is available to us because of events that transpired on a weekend precisely like this nearly two millennia ago in Jerusalem...That first Easter sequence of Atonement and Resurrection constitutes the most consequential moment, the most generous gift, the most excruciating pain, and the most majestic manifestation of pure love ever to be demonstrated in the history of this world. Jesus Christ, the Only Begotten Son of God, suffered,died, and rose from death in order that He could, like lightning in a summer storm, grasp us as we fall, hold us with His might, and through our obedience to His commandments, lift us to eternal life. This Easter I thank Him and the Father, who gave Him to us, that Jesus still stands triumphant over death,although He stands on wounded feet. This Easter I thank Him and the Father, who gave Him to us, that He still extends unending grace, although He extends it with pierced palms and scarred wrists. This Easter I thank Him and the Father, who gave Him to us, that we can sing before a sweat-stained garden, a nail-driven cross, and a gloriously empty tomb:

How great, how glorious, how complete
Redemption’s grand design,
Where justice, love, and mercy meet
In harmony divine!"

I can't wait for conference out here- I want it every week! I love the privilege and opportunity we have to hear Apostles and a Prophet of the Lord speak to us. To hear the doctrines and messages that God Himself wants us to hear. To hear of the love and compassion that Christ has for us. Our older brother loves us, and I know He is always there for us. I love this gospel with my whole heart, and I'm so grateful to be here in Jersey spreading His word and His love to those that need to hear it. I'm so grateful for all of you! For my family and my friends that constantly support me and love me and keep me happy. Y'all are the best.

I don't think I will have a normal mission. The past 3 weeks of my mission (um my 1 Month-iversary is on friday!?!?) have been crazy, chaotic, and a whirlwind- so I'm thinkin the next 17 months will be pretty interesting as well haha

But whatever happens, I am glad to be here, and I'm happy for every experience I get.
 I Love you all!

Stay Jersey Strong.
Sister McAllister
 They found some Chinese, Hindu and Russian items when they cleaned out their apartment from the elders living there.  What?
 weekly planning
 cool in their shades
 They love this man
Her main squeeze and his mom


Here are some MTC pics ......
 Her district
 the famous map...that Tyler said they couldn't take pictures in front of anymore
 sent her some yummy treats
on the way to the airport to go to Jersey at 4AM

No comments:

Post a Comment