Monday, May 23, 2016

JUMBALYA!...May 23, 2016

Aye ya yie. It seems like every week last soooooooooo long these days
haha. I can hardly remember what happened anymore! But I'll try my
best to recollect.

It all started on a day much like today. In fact, it was named the
exact same thing! Imagine that, so weird. Anyways, so on Monday: we
played volleyball as a zone and just had a jolly good time. And then,
at 5:50 as we're about to throw a granola bar in our bags and head out
for the night, we get a call from a member that I've spoken with maybe
once. She invited us over for dinner, that night! So we were able to
eat dinner on a Pday "for the first time in forever"! We had
minestrone soup- so goooooooood.

Tuesday we were on exchanges with another set of sisters. I was with
Sister Shaffer from Preston,ID. She's such an awesome person. I was so
grateful I got to be with her, I was a little apprehensive at first
because I literally didn't know a thing about her, but we clicked
really well I think! She's such an awesome example of pushing throw
tough stuff, and of being herself. I think she's one of the only
people I've ever met that has ever been completely, 100% herself, no
matter who she's with! Gosh, I love her so much!

And then randomly on Wednesday night, we got called from another
member to have us over for dinner. Guys. I seriously, SERIOUSLY, think
the apocalypse is coming. Like whut?? 2 dinner appointments? In 3
days????? In Plainsboro???? Craaaaaaaaaazy! Ah, but guess what we had!
JUMBALYA!!!! (Idk if that's how you spell it...but who cares!) IT WAS
SOOOOOOOO GOOOOOOOOD!!!!! It reminded me of my French speaking days
*sniff* such fond memories. They put a lot of Cajun spice in it, so my
face was on fire, but it was so worth it. I'd do anything for
jumbalya.

AND THEN GUESS WHAT WE DID ON THURSDAY!!!!!! Guess!     We. Ate.
Tacos! Nah jk hahahahahah, WE WENT TO THE TEMPLE!
Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay hurraaaaaaaaaay! It was
sooooooooooooooooooooooooo mindblowingly revelatory-ily Spirit-filled
and peaceful and super and awesome and wonderful and I think I want to
sleep in the temple but they'd probably kick me out and I think I
could probably hide behind a plant but I bet the Spirit would give me
away which is fine cuz it's just guarding the sacred awesomeness of
the temple but I really would like to feel the peace and happiness and
stress-freeness of the temple always and I also made a promise to
myself that I would go to the temple at least once a week when I get
back so sorry mom and dad but I'm going to be stealing a car on
Saturday or any day that I can basically and it's ok cuz I've learned
how to drive in jersey so I'll be able to make it to Denver no
problemo it's ok and I'm doing it all just so I can feel the Spirit at
the magnitude that you can feel it in the temple that to me is worth
like $593383949404 and like 0 hours of sleep and basically anything
else I could give up in the world cuz it's the TEMPLE. *pants* whew.
Glad I got all that out. But yes. 'Twas a wonderful time in NYC.

Oh an another thing I've realized this week: I'm still a scared lil
chicken when it comes to talking to people. Which is so frustrating.
I've been out here for stinkin 11 months now and I'm still an
anti-social shy person. I can't initiate anything. Ughhh
Also something else I know: I've got the best friends and family a
person could ask for. 😍

Random fact about Jersey: Jersey tomatoes are known for being the best
tomatoes money can buy. (Too bad I hate tomatoes hahahaha)
Love you all!
Stay Jersey Strong.
Love, Sister McAllister
 NYC...Temple trip
 Driving through Jersey City
Driving through Plainsboro

No comments:

Post a Comment